DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY
With 8 MS students and 6 DNB students joining admission every year, 14 theses papers are submitted every year on various topics of current interest.
Some of the interesting theses submitted last year include:
- Efficacy of b HCG estimation to predict pre-eclampsia
- Dermatoglyphic karyotypic correlation in primary amenorrhoea
- Comparative study of efficacy and safety of Tranexamic acid Vs Mefenamic acid in the treatment of DUB.
- Maternal and perinatal outcome in adolescent pregnancy
- A study of critically ill obstetric patients
- Hysteroscopic evaluation of abnormal uterine bleeding
- Medical abortion by oral Mefipristone followed by oral Misoprostol – a dose comparative study.
- Transvaginal sonography of the endometrium in women with postmenopausal bleeding and prediction of malignancy.
- Correlation of intrapartum external cardiotocogram with apgar and umbilical artery PH at birth in high risk pregnancies
- Induction of labour in intrauterine foetal demise PGE2 Vs PGE1.
- Study of postdated pregnancy with NST surveillance.