DEPARTMENT OF PULMONARY MEDICINE
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Ongoing and completed research work:
1. P.T Anandan: Clinical profile of patients undergoing Fibreoptic bronchoscopy in a tertiary care setting; 2003-2005
2. Sudin Koshy: Pleuropulmonary manifestations of Rheumatoid arthritis� A clinical study; 2003-2005
3. Abdul Nazar: Profile of lung diseases among adult smokers� a prospective clinical study; 2003-2005
4. Sanjeev Kumar.M: Pulmonary manifestations in HIV infected patients-A clinical study; 2003-2005
5. Sajeev Kumar.P:� Analysis of treatment failure in RNTCP-a follow up study; 2003-2005
6. Dhanya: Prevalence of Tuberculosis in collagen vascular diseases-A clinical study; 2004-2006
7. Safreena Mohammed: Transthoracic Needle Aspiration in peripheral lung lesion; 2004-2006
8. Hari Lakshmanan.P: Polysomnographic evaluation of patients with features suggestive of Sleep Disordered Breathing ; 2004-2006
9. Reena G:� Efficacy and outcome of Category III DOTS under RNTCP-a prospective clinical study; 2004-2005
10.Durga Balagopalan: PEFR monitoring in asthma patients before and after administering inhaled steroids for three� follow ups� a prospective study; 2004-2005
11.Anoop M.P: Clinical Profile of persons attending the smoking clinic of Institute of Chest Diseases�A prospective study
12.MoyinKutty: ECG abnormalities in COPD patients during acute exacerbations-A prospective clinical study 2005-2006
13.Sethu Babu: Correlation between Epworth Sleepiness Score and severity of OSA; 2005-2007
14.Binuraj:Clinical profile non resolving Pneumonia
15.Baiju.S:Clinical and pathological profile of lung cancer in females
16.Arun.P:Analysis of cephalometry in patients with obstructive sleep apnea
17.Sijith.K.R:Screening of smokers for early detection of COPD- A Clinical Study
18.Deepa Sharma.M.S:Prediction of Treatment outcome of COPD exacerbation-An observational study
19.Anoop.M.P: Comparison of treatment outcome for cessession of smoking in subjects treated with bupropion, nicotine replacement therapy or combinatin of both.
20.Durga Balagopal: Clinical and lab parameters in COPD patients during acute exacerbation and their influence on treatment outcome � An observational study
21.Krishnakumar.E.V: Correlation between essential hypertension, obesity & sleep apnoea and hypopnoea syndrome
22.Muraly.C.P:Comparison of treatment outcome with CAT-I & CAT-III DOTS in lymphnode Tubercolosis � An open labeled randomized clinical study
23.Divya.R: Study comparing the efficacy and side effect profiles of inhaled cortico steroids : ciclesonide & fluticasone in patients with moderate persistent asthma
24. Lisha.P.V: Evaluation of new smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis patients five
year after initiation of treatment after dots programme.
25. Nithya Haridas: Utility of medical thoracoscopic pleural biopsy Vs Closed pleural biopsy in undiagnosed exudative pleural effusion – A randomized control study.
26. Bodhi Sunny: Usefulness of AntiTB IgM in the diagnosis of smear negative pulmonary tuberculosis.
27.Paulo Varghese Akkara: Cardio vascular implications in diagnosed cases of obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome.
28.Elizabeth Sunila C X: The clinical profile and outcome of patients admitted with hemoptysis to a tertiary care setting.
29. Jose J Mundiyani: HRCT and DLCO Co-rrelation in IPF.
30.Mohammed Musthafa: Clinical and Radiological pattern of resolution of CAP.
31. NIthya Haridas, Suraj K.P, Rrajagopal T.P,James P.T, Ravindran Chetambath. Medical Thoracoscopy vs Closed Pleural Biopsy in Pleural Effusions: A Randomized Controlled Study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014 May, Vol-8(5): MC01-MC04
32. Ethan Rubinstein, Tahaniyat Lalani, et al and the ATTAIN Study Group. Telavancin versus Vancomycin for Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia due to Gram-positive pathogens. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2011; 52(1):31–40.
33. Surendra K. Sharma, Alladi Mohan, L.S. Chauhan, J.P. Narain, P. Kumar, D. Behera, K.S. Sachdeva, Ashok Kumar, for Task Force for Involvement of Medical Colleges in the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme. Contribution of medical colleges to tuberculosis control in India under the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP): Lessons learnt & challenges ahead. Indian J Med Res 2013; 137: 283-294
34. Hari Lakshmanan Peruvemba, Rajagopal Thazhepurayil, James Ponneduthamkuzhi, Ravindran Chetambath. Clinical Prediction of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) in a Tertiary Care Setting. JCDR 2012; 6(5):835-838
35. Sethu Babu, Beena Thomas, Ravindran Chetambath. Correlation between Epworth Sleepiness Score and Polysomnographic Indices in Sleep Related Breathing Disorders. JMSCR 2014;2(80): 2082-2089.
36. Ravindran Chetambath. Medical Thoracoscopy: Investigation of Choice in Exudative Pleural Effusion ( Editorial). CHEST (India Edition) 2013; 4(2):2-3.
37. S George, J Ponneduthamkuzhi, , R Chetambath. A trend analysis of diabetic patients with MDR -TB initiated on DOTs Plus regimen.pulmoonline.org
38. Thomas James Ponneduthamkuzhy, B R Sandeep, P.V.Santhosh Kumar, Ravindran Chetambath. A study to analyse the clinical profile and outcome of hospitalised patients with H1N1 and the factors influencing the outcome. ERJ 2011; 38 ( 55 p): 4355
Published Research papers:
1.Ravindran C: Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Pulmon 1999,1:19-21
2.Abdul Khader A K: Health effect of Smoking. Pulmon 1999,1:16-18
3.Govindan K P: Pulmonology- A success by evolution. Pulmon 1999,1:14-15
4.KMRC Babu, Rajagopal TP,Suraj KP, Ravindran C: Unusual radiological presentation of a common disease. Pulmon 1999,1:45-46
5.Achuthan V,Menon KS, Ravindran C, Shyam C M,Mohammed faizy AH,Vijayan VP:Aneurysm of Diverticulum of Kommerell- A case of tracheal compression. Pulmon 1999,1:90-92
6.Ramachandran PV, Ravindran C, Babu Varghese: Solitary lung cyst with a Mycetoma �a rare pulmonary manifestation of Tuberous sclerosis complex.Lung India.
7.Remeshchandra Babu KM: Tuberculosis- role of DNA vaccines. Pulmon 2000,2:3-7
8.James PT: Asthma in pregnancy. Pulmon 2000,2:39-42
9.Abdul Sathar A A, Ravindran C, Achuthan V: Radiological pattern of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in diabetes mellitus. Pulmon 2000,2:94-96
10.Devarajan E, Achuthan V, Suraj KP, Mohammed Mustafa A A: Bilateral bronchiectasis in a case of polyspenia syndrome. Pulmon 2000,3:36-40
11.Remeshchandra Babu K M, jovin John Mathew, Santhosh Kumar PV, James PT:Pneumothorax- An analysis of 110 cases. Pulmon 2001,3:61-64
12.Ravindran C: An unusual cause of dysphagia and stridor. Pulmon 2001,3:77-80
13.Achuthan V: Interstitial Lung disease- Diagnosis and management. Pulmon 2001,3:104 -108
14.Ravindran C: Asthma Guidelines simplified. Pulmon 2001,3:67-70
15.Ravindran C, Venugopal P, Prasad KM: Changing face of mycobacterial drug resistance. Pulmon 2001,3:109 -113
16.Babu K M R C: Theophylline controversy in Asthma.Lung India 2001;19:94-94
17.Hashim KP,Mohammed Mustafa, Suraj KP, Achuthan V, Ramachandran PV:Hypersensitivity pneumonitis in a 11 year old girl. Pulmon 2002,4:29 -33
18.Ravindran C: Mycobacterial resistance to Pyrazinamide. Lung India 2002,20:9-12
19.Shibu C Anand,Mohammed Mustafa,Suraj K P, Achuthan V, Ramachandran P V, Aravindan K P: A case of Silicosiderosis- Occupational respiratory disease related to welding.Lung India 2002; 20:28-30
20.Venugopal P, Raseela karunakaran, Ravindran C: Mediastinal Lymphangioma- A rare presentation. Lung India 2002; 20:9-11
21.Ravindran C: Late onset asthma. Pulmon 2003,5:58 -62
22.Ravindran C: Diesel exhaust and respiratory allergy- Is there a link? Pulmon 2003,5:81 -82
23.Ravindran.C, Sudin Koshy, Madhusudan.K.S, Rajalakshmi.P.C, Rauf C.P, Nasser Yusuf: Pulmonary Alveolar proteinosis: A case Report. Calicut Medical Journal 2003;1(1):e7
24.Sreejith MO,Abdul Nazar,Ravindran C, James PT, Remeshchandrababu KM: Drug resistance of MycobacteriumTuberculosis to Quinolones- a prospective clinical study. Pulmon 2004,6:90-94
25.Remeshchandra Babu K M, Shyam C M,Beena kumari, Parvathy K,Govindan KP,�Ramachandran K, Warrier N V U: Estimation of Adenosine deaminase, Alpha-1 antitrypsin and protease inhibitors in pleural effusions. Lung India 1993, 11:139-141
26.Remeshchandra Babu K M: The concept of lung health- Editorial. Pulmon 2000,2:105-106.
27.Ravindran C: Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia(BOOP). Pulmon 2000,2:123-126.
28.Ravindran C, Ramachandran PV, Babu KMRC, Suhail N: Benign fibrous tumour of the pleura. Pulmon 2000,2:142-147.
29.Ravindran C: N-Acetyl Cysteine: Its new role in ILD.
30.Ravindran C, Suraj KP, Mohammed Mustafa, Harilakshmanan, Sajeev Kumar P, Yusuf Nasser: Hemangioendothelioma of Pleura- A rare neoplasm. Pulmon 2005,7:1:44-49
31.Emil J Thachil, Praveen Sreekumar, Harilakshmanan, Mohanan J
Manjakara, Anoop Kanaran, Mohammed Musthafa, Sooraj K P, Ravindran C: An Unusual Cause for Pulmonary Metastasis.
Calicut Medical Journal 2005; 3(3):e5
32.Dhanya TS, Rajagopal TP, Ravindran C, Binoy J Paul: Bronchiolitis
obliterans organizing pneumonia(BOOP) in SLE- An unusual presentation. Pulmon 2005,7:2:81-84
33. Abdul Nazar, Mohammed Mustafa, Suraj KP, Ravindran C: Churg- Strauss syndrome: A case report. Pulmon 2005,7:2:90-94
34.Anandan.PT,Rajgopal TP,James PT,Ravindran C:Clinical profile of patients undergoing fibreoptic bronchoscopy in a tertiary care setting. Indian J Bronchology;1:58:(May-Aug)2006
35.Abdul Nazar T,Mohammed Musthafa A,Suraj KP,Ravindran C:Bronchial stump carcinoma ; A rare cause; case report.Indian J Bronchology;1:72:(May-Aug)2006
36.Ravindran C,James PT,Jyothi E: Prevalence of initial drug resistance of mycobacterium tuberculosis in northern kerala.Lung India 2006;23:106-108.
37.James PT: XDR-TB An emerging global threat to tuberculosis control-Editorial. Pulmon 2006;8:2:41-42
38.Litty Thomas,Sunny George,Santhosh Kumar PV,James PT: Lupus vulgaris-A case report; Pulmon 2006;8:2:57-58
39.Ravindran C,Durga Balagopalan,Mohammed Musthafa A: Medical Thoracoscopy-An interventional procedure for the pulmonologists; Pulmon 2006;8:2:10-13
40.Ravindran C:Critical Thinking in Clinical Practice;Pulmon 2006;8:3:73-75
41.Hari Lakshmanan P:Pulmonary Thromboembolism in a young male treated with Embolectomy-A Case report;Pulmon 2006;8:3:95-97
42.Ravindran C: Syndrome Z- A Case Report;Pulmon 2006;8:3:98-101
43.Sunny George: Therapeutic Dilemma in Bronchial Cylindroma; Pulmon 2007;9:1:31-34
44.Anoop M.P: Askin Tumour masquerading as pleural effusion in young; Pulmon 2007;9:3:108-112
45. Ravindran C: Study of Factors Influencing The Work Output of Human Resource in Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP); Pulmon 2007;9:3:88-96
46.Elizabeth Sunila C.X: Limited wegener’s granulomatosis – A case report; Pulmon 2008;10:1:19-22
47.Sijith.K.R: An interesting case of bilioptysis. Pulmon 2008;10:2:45-48.
48.Ravindran.C, Sudin Koshy, Madhusudan.K.S, Rajalakshmi.P.C, Rauf C.P, Nasser Yusuf: Pulmonary Alveolar proteinosis: A case Report; Calicut Medical Journal 2003; 1(1) e7.
49.Lakshmanan P Hari, Musthafa A Mohammed, Suraj K P,Ravidran C:Pleuropulmonary hydatid disease treated with thoracoscopic instillation of hypertonic saline; Lung India; 2008-January-March Volume 25 Issue 1.
50. Ravindran C, Padmanabhan K V, Sreedhar Rejna: A study of correlation between transhilar diameter and P pulmonale in COPD patients; Lung India; 2008-October-December Volume 25 Issue 4.
51.Dhanya T S, Ravindran.C: Medical Thoracoscopy Minimally invasive diagnostic tool for a trained Pulmonologist; Calicut Medical Journal 2009; 7(1) e4.
52. C.M. Shyam, V. Achuthan, K.P. Govindan, N.V.V. Warrier, K.S. Menon, C. Ravindran, K.M. Ramesh Chandra Babu. Peripheral lymph node tuberculosis in adults in North Kerala. The Indian J Tuberculosis 1995;42(2):126
53.Jaffer Basheer,Biju George,Ravindran C.Smoking cessation intervention strategies for adults in different populations-A systematic review. Lung India 2009;26(S):13
54. Nithya Haridas,Divya R,Sijith K R,Jyothi E,Anandan P T,Ravindran C. Clinical Profile and treatment outcome of DPLD in a tertiary care setting. Lung India 2009;26(S):18
55. Padmavathy R, Muraly C P,Sunny George,Jyothi E,Ravindran C. Factors determining length of hospital stay in patients with pleural effusion admitted in a tertiary care setting. Lung India 2009;26(S):18-19
56. E V Krishnakumar,Sunny George,T P Rajagopal,P T James, Ravindran C.Correlation between essential hypertension,obesity and sleep apnoea hypopnoea syndrome- A prospective clinical study. Lung India 2009;26(S):15
57. Lisha PV, Jyothi E, santhosh KumarPV,James P T, Ravindran C. Evaluation of new smear positive tuberculosis patients 5 years after initiation of treatment under DOTS programme.Lung India 2009;26(S):15
58. Divya R,Durga B,Mohammed Mustafa,Jyothi E,Suraj K P,Ravindran C. Study comparing the efficacy and side effect profiles of inhaled steroids Ciclsonide and Fluticasone in patients with moderate persistent Astma.; Lung India 2009;26(S):10
59. Arun Prabhakaran, Ravindran Chetambath, Sunny George. Measurement of cephalometric indices in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.ERJ 2009;34(S53)
60. Deepa Sarma, Ravindran Chetambath, E. Jyothi, T.P. Rajagopal, P.T. James.Predictors of mortality in COPD during acute exacerbation. ERJ 2009;34(S53)
61. Venugopal Panicker, C. Ravindran .Nasobronchial allergy and pulmonary function abnormalities among coir workers of Aalappuzha.ERJ 2007;30:S 51
62. R Chetambath,S Babu,PT James. Correlation between Epworth sleepiness score and polysomnographic indices in sleep disordered breathing. ERJ 2008;32:S 51
63. Ravindran C,James P T,Moyinkutty K,Abdul Khader AK,Velayudhan C C.Clinical significance of P wave amplitude and axis in ECG of COPD patients during acute exacerbations. ERJ 2008; 32: S 51
64. Ravindran Chetambath, M. S. Deepa Sarma, K. P. Suraj, E. Jyothi, Safreena Mohammed, Beena J. Philomina, S. Ramadevi: Basidiobolus: An unusual cause of lung abscess. Lung India 2010; 27:89-92.
Journals And Publications:
|Journal of Respiratory science published from the Institute of chest diseases|