DEPARTMENT OF PULMONARY MEDICINE
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Ongoing and completed research work:
1. P.T Anandan: Clinical profile of patients undergoing Fibreoptic bronchoscopy in a tertiary care setting; 2003-2005
2. Sudin Koshy: Pleuropulmonary manifestations of Rheumatoid arthritis� A clinical study; 2003-2005
3. Abdul Nazar: Profile of lung diseases among adult smokers� a prospective clinical study; 2003-2005
4. Sanjeev Kumar.M: Pulmonary manifestations in HIV infected patients-A clinical study; 2003-2005
5. Sajeev Kumar.P:� Analysis of treatment failure in RNTCP-a follow up study; 2003-2005
6. Dhanya: Prevalence of Tuberculosis in collagen vascular diseases-A clinical study; 2004-2006
7. Safreena Mohammed: Transthoracic Needle Aspiration in peripheral lung lesion; 2004-2006
8. Hari Lakshmanan.P: Polysomnographic evaluation of patients with features suggestive of Sleep Disordered Breathing ; 2004-2006
9. Reena G:� Efficacy and outcome of Category III DOTS under RNTCP-a prospective clinical study; 2004-2005
10.Durga Balagopalan: PEFR monitoring in asthma patients before and after administering inhaled steroids for three� follow ups� a prospective study; 2004-2005
11.Anoop M.P: Clinical Profile of persons attending the smoking clinic of Institute of Chest Diseases�A prospective study
12.MoyinKutty: ECG abnormalities in COPD patients during acute exacerbations-A prospective clinical study 2005-2006
13.Sethu Babu: Correlation between Epworth Sleepiness Score and severity of OSA; 2005-2007
14.Binuraj:Clinical profile non resolving Pneumonia
15.Baiju.S:Clinical and pathological profile of lung cancer in females
16.Arun.P:Analysis of cephalometry in patients with obstructive sleep apnea
17.Sijith.K.R:Screening of smokers for early detection of COPD- A Clinical Study
18.Deepa Sharma.M.S:Prediction of Treatment outcome of COPD exacerbation-An observational study
19.Anoop.M.P: Comparison of treatment outcome for cessession of smoking in subjects treated with bupropion, nicotine replacement therapy or combinatin of both.
20.Durga Balagopal: Clinical and lab parameters in COPD patients during acute exacerbation and their influence on treatment outcome � An observational study
21.Krishnakumar.E.V: Correlation between essential hypertension, obesity & sleep apnoea and hypopnoea syndrome
22.Muraly.C.P:Comparison of treatment outcome with CAT-I & CAT-III DOTS in lymphnode Tubercolosis � An open labeled randomized clinical study
23.Divya.R: Study comparing the efficacy and side effect profiles of inhaled cortico steroids : ciclesonide & fluticasone in patients with moderate persistent asthma
24. Lisha.P.V: Evaluation of new smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis patients five
year after initiation of treatment after dots programme.
25. Nithya Haridas: Utility of medical thoracoscopic pleural biopsy Vs Closed pleural biopsy in undiagnosed exudative pleural effusion – A randomized control study.
26. Bodhi Sunny: Usefulness of AntiTB IgM in the diagnosis of smear negative pulmonary tuberculosis.
27.Paulo Varghese Akkara: Cardio vascular implications in diagnosed cases of obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome.
28.Elizabeth Sunila C X: The clinical profile and outcome of patients admitted with hemoptysis to a tertiary care setting.
29. Jose J Mundiyani: HRCT and DLCO Co-rrelation in IPF.
30.Mohammed Musthafa: Clinical and Radiological pattern of resolution of CAP.
Published Research papers:
1.Ravindran C: Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Pulmon 1999,1:19-21
2.Abdul Khader A K: Health effect of Smoking. Pulmon 1999,1:16-18
3.Govindan K P: Pulmonology- A success by evolution. Pulmon 1999,1:14-15
4.KMRC Babu, Rajagopal TP,Suraj KP, Ravindran C: Unusual radiological presentation of a common disease. Pulmon 1999,1:45-46
5.Achuthan V,Menon KS, Ravindran C, Shyam C M,Mohammed faizy AH,Vijayan VP:Aneurysm of Diverticulum of Kommerell- A case of tracheal compression. Pulmon 1999,1:90-92
6.Ramachandran PV, Ravindran C, Babu Varghese: Solitary lung cyst with a Mycetoma �a rare pulmonary manifestation of Tuberous sclerosis complex.Lung India.
7.Remeshchandra Babu KM: Tuberculosis- role of DNA vaccines. Pulmon 2000,2:3-7
8.James PT: Asthma in pregnancy. Pulmon 2000,2:39-42
9.Abdul Sathar A A, Ravindran C, Achuthan V: Radiological pattern of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in diabetes mellitus. Pulmon 2000,2:94-96
10.Devarajan E, Achuthan V, Suraj KP, Mohammed Mustafa A A: Bilateral bronchiectasis in a case of polyspenia syndrome. Pulmon 2000,3:36-40
11.Remeshchandra Babu K M, jovin John Mathew, Santhosh Kumar PV, James PT:Pneumothorax- An analysis of 110 cases. Pulmon 2001,3:61-64
12.Ravindran C: An unusual cause of dysphagia and stridor. Pulmon 2001,3:77-80
13.Achuthan V: Interstitial Lung disease- Diagnosis and management. Pulmon 2001,3:104 -108
14.Ravindran C: Asthma Guidelines simplified. Pulmon 2001,3:67-70
15.Ravindran C, Venugopal P, Prasad KM: Changing face of mycobacterial drug resistance. Pulmon 2001,3:109 -113
16.Babu K M R C: Theophylline controversy in Asthma.Lung India 2001;19:94-94
17.Hashim KP,Mohammed Mustafa, Suraj KP, Achuthan V, Ramachandran PV:Hypersensitivity pneumonitis in a 11 year old girl. Pulmon 2002,4:29 -33
18.Ravindran C: Mycobacterial resistance to Pyrazinamide. Lung India 2002,20:9-12
19.Shibu C Anand,Mohammed Mustafa,Suraj K P, Achuthan V, Ramachandran P V, Aravindan K P: A case of Silicosiderosis- Occupational respiratory disease related to welding.Lung India 2002; 20:28-30
20.Venugopal P, Raseela karunakaran, Ravindran C: Mediastinal Lymphangioma- A rare presentation. Lung India 2002; 20:9-11
21.Ravindran C: Late onset asthma. Pulmon 2003,5:58 -62
22.Ravindran C: Diesel exhaust and respiratory allergy- Is there a link? Pulmon 2003,5:81 -82
23.Ravindran.C, Sudin Koshy, Madhusudan.K.S, Rajalakshmi.P.C, Rauf C.P, Nasser Yusuf: Pulmonary Alveolar proteinosis: A case Report. Calicut Medical Journal 2003;1(1):e7
24.Sreejith MO,Abdul Nazar,Ravindran C, James PT, Remeshchandrababu KM: Drug resistance of MycobacteriumTuberculosis to Quinolones- a prospective clinical study. Pulmon 2004,6:90-94
25.Remeshchandra Babu K M, Shyam C M,Beena kumari, Parvathy K,Govindan KP,�Ramachandran K, Warrier N V U: Estimation of Adenosine deaminase, Alpha-1 antitrypsin and protease inhibitors in pleural effusions. Lung India 1993, 11:139-141
26.Remeshchandra Babu K M: The concept of lung health- Editorial. Pulmon 2000,2:105-106.
27.Ravindran C: Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia(BOOP). Pulmon 2000,2:123-126.
28.Ravindran C, Ramachandran PV, Babu KMRC, Suhail N: Benign fibrous tumour of the pleura. Pulmon 2000,2:142-147.
29.Ravindran C: N-Acetyl Cysteine: Its new role in ILD.
30.Ravindran C, Suraj KP, Mohammed Mustafa, Harilakshmanan, Sajeev Kumar P, Yusuf Nasser: Hemangioendothelioma of Pleura- A rare neoplasm. Pulmon 2005,7:1:44-49
31.Emil J Thachil, Praveen Sreekumar, Harilakshmanan, Mohanan J
Manjakara, Anoop Kanaran, Mohammed Musthafa, Sooraj K P, Ravindran C: An Unusual Cause for Pulmonary Metastasis.
Calicut Medical Journal 2005; 3(3):e5
32.Dhanya TS, Rajagopal TP, Ravindran C, Binoy J Paul: Bronchiolitis
obliterans organizing pneumonia(BOOP) in SLE- An unusual presentation. Pulmon 2005,7:2:81-84
33. Abdul Nazar, Mohammed Mustafa, Suraj KP, Ravindran C: Churg- Strauss syndrome: A case report. Pulmon 2005,7:2:90-94
34.Anandan.PT,Rajgopal TP,James PT,Ravindran C:Clinical profile of patients undergoing fibreoptic bronchoscopy in a tertiary care setting. Indian J Bronchology;1:58:(May-Aug)2006
35.Abdul Nazar T,Mohammed Musthafa A,Suraj KP,Ravindran C:Bronchial stump carcinoma ; A rare cause; case report.Indian J Bronchology;1:72:(May-Aug)2006
36.Ravindran C,James PT,Jyothi E: Prevalence of initial drug resistance of mycobacterium tuberculosis in northern kerala.Lung India 2006;23:106-108.
37.James PT: XDR-TB An emerging global threat to tuberculosis control-Editorial. Pulmon 2006;8:2:41-42
38.Litty Thomas,Sunny George,Santhosh Kumar PV,James PT: Lupus vulgaris-A case report; Pulmon 2006;8:2:57-58
39.Ravindran C,Durga Balagopalan,Mohammed Musthafa A: Medical Thoracoscopy-An interventional procedure for the pulmonologists; Pulmon 2006;8:2:10-13
40.Ravindran C:Critical Thinking in Clinical Practice;Pulmon 2006;8:3:73-75
41.Hari Lakshmanan P:Pulmonary Thromboembolism in a young male treated with Embolectomy-A Case report;Pulmon 2006;8:3:95-97
42.Ravindran C: Syndrome Z- A Case Report;Pulmon 2006;8:3:98-101
43.Sunny George: Therapeutic Dilemma in Bronchial Cylindroma; Pulmon 2007;9:1:31-34
44.Anoop M.P: Askin Tumour masquerading as pleural effusion in young; Pulmon 2007;9:3:108-112
45. Ravindran C: Study of Factors Influencing The Work Output of Human Resource in Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP); Pulmon 2007;9:3:88-96
46.Elizabeth Sunila C.X: Limited wegener’s granulomatosis – A case report; Pulmon 2008;10:1:19-22
47.Sijith.K.R: An interesting case of bilioptysis. Pulmon 2008;10:2:45-48.
48.Ravindran.C, Sudin Koshy, Madhusudan.K.S, Rajalakshmi.P.C, Rauf C.P, Nasser Yusuf: Pulmonary Alveolar proteinosis: A case Report; Calicut Medical Journal 2003; 1(1) e7.
49.Lakshmanan P Hari, Musthafa A Mohammed, Suraj K P,Ravidran C:Pleuropulmonary hydatid disease treated with thoracoscopic instillation of hypertonic saline; Lung India; 2008-January-March Volume 25 Issue 1.
50. Ravindran C, Padmanabhan K V, Sreedhar Rejna: A study of correlation between transhilar diameter and P pulmonale in COPD patients; Lung India; 2008-October-December Volume 25 Issue 4.
51.Dhanya T S, Ravindran.C: Medical Thoracoscopy Minimally invasive diagnostic tool for a trained Pulmonologist; Calicut Medical Journal 2009; 7(1) e4.
52. C.M. Shyam, V. Achuthan, K.P. Govindan, N.V.V. Warrier, K.S. Menon, C. Ravindran, K.M. Ramesh Chandra Babu. Peripheral lymph node tuberculosis in adults in North Kerala. The Indian J Tuberculosis 1995;42(2):126
53.Jaffer Basheer,Biju George,Ravindran C.Smoking cessation intervention strategies for adults in different populations-A systematic review. Lung India 2009;26(S):13
54. Nithya Haridas,Divya R,Sijith K R,Jyothi E,Anandan P T,Ravindran C. Clinical Profile and treatment outcome of DPLD in a tertiary care setting. Lung India 2009;26(S):18
55. Padmavathy R, Muraly C P,Sunny George,Jyothi E,Ravindran C. Factors determining length of hospital stay in patients with pleural effusion admitted in a tertiary care setting. Lung India 2009;26(S):18-19
56. E V Krishnakumar,Sunny George,T P Rajagopal,P T James, Ravindran C.Correlation between essential hypertension,obesity and sleep apnoea hypopnoea syndrome- A prospective clinical study. Lung India 2009;26(S):15
57. Lisha PV, Jyothi E, santhosh KumarPV,James P T, Ravindran C. Evaluation of new smear positive tuberculosis patients 5 years after initiation of treatment under DOTS programme.Lung India 2009;26(S):15
58. Divya R,Durga B,Mohammed Mustafa,Jyothi E,Suraj K P,Ravindran C. Study comparing the efficacy and side effect profiles of inhaled steroids Ciclsonide and Fluticasone in patients with moderate persistent Astma.; Lung India 2009;26(S):10
59. Arun Prabhakaran, Ravindran Chetambath, Sunny George. Measurement of cephalometric indices in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.ERJ 2009;34(S53)
60. Deepa Sarma, Ravindran Chetambath, E. Jyothi, T.P. Rajagopal, P.T. James.Predictors of mortality in COPD during acute exacerbation. ERJ 2009;34(S53)
61. Venugopal Panicker, C. Ravindran .Nasobronchial allergy and pulmonary function abnormalities among coir workers of Aalappuzha.ERJ 2007;30:S 51
62. R Chetambath,S Babu,PT James. Correlation between Epworth sleepiness score and polysomnographic indices in sleep disordered breathing. ERJ 2008;32:S 51
63. Ravindran C,James P T,Moyinkutty K,Abdul Khader AK,Velayudhan C C.Clinical significance of P wave amplitude and axis in ECG of COPD patients during acute exacerbations. ERJ 2008; 32: S 51
64. Ravindran Chetambath, M. S. Deepa Sarma, K. P. Suraj, E. Jyothi, Safreena Mohammed, Beena J. Philomina, S. Ramadevi: Basidiobolus: An unusual cause of lung abscess. Lung India 2010; 27:89-92.
Journals And Publications:
|Journal of Respiratory science published from the Institute of chest diseases|